Time is the most precious commodity we possess.
Women of excellence recognize it’s value so they use it wisely!
“Time management is the act or process of planning and exercising conscious control over the amount of time spent on specific activities, especially to increase effectiveness, efficiency or productivity. Time management may be aided by a range of skills, tools, and techniques used to manage time when accomplishing specific tasks, projects and goals complying with a due date. This set encompasses a wide scope of activities, and these include planning, allocating, setting goals, delegation, analysis of time spent, monitoring, organizing, scheduling, and prioritizing. Initially, time management referred to just business or work activities, but eventually the term broadened to include personal activities as well. A time management system is a designed combination of processes, tools, techniques, and methods. Usually time management is a necessity in any project development as it determines the project completion time and scope.” Wikipedia
“There is a special time for everything. There is a time for everything that happens under heaven.” Ecclesiastes 3:1
A morally excellent woman is disciplined, organized, and orderly. A woman of excellence has a prescribed conduct or pattern of behavior that is productive and above reproach. Time management is the key to achieving a life of excellence, and being disciplined is the key to time management. Lets get started in putting a time management system in place. Choose one of these methods given below.
|Main themes of time management on time management include the following:|
- Creating an environment conducive to effectiveness: Some time management literature stresses tasks related to the creation of an environment conducive to real effectiveness. These strategies include principles such as…
1. Get Organized
2. Protect Your time–insulate, isolate, delegate
3. Achieve through being Goal focused
4. Recover from Bad Time Habits–e.g. procrastination, ADHD, ADD
- Setting of priorities and goals
Carrying out activity around those priorities: ABC analysis
A – Tasks that are perceived as being urgent and important,
B – Tasks that are important but not urgent,
C – Tasks that are neither urgent nor important.
- POSEC process : A process of reducing the time spent on non-priorities…
- Prioritize – Your time and define your life by goals.
- Organizing – Things you have to accomplish regularly to be successful. (Family and Finances)
- Streamlining – Things you may not like to do, but must do. (Work and Chores)
- Economizing – Things you should do or may even like to do, but they’re not pressingly urgent. (Pastimes and Socializing)
- Contributing – By paying attention to the few remaining things that make a difference. (Social Obligations).
THE CALENDAR and FAMILY’S WEEKLY SCHEDULE
Complete page 100 and 111 in Excellence with Simple Elegance: The Study. Both books can be purchased easily at http://www.bonnieliabenow.com by clicking widget Bonnie’s books.
Your monthly calendar should include categories:
The Menu, Appointments/Events, Exercise/Recreation, Quiet Time, Spa/Salon, Decorating Home, Date Night with Spouse, Family Time and Family Vacations.
“Commit your way to the Lord, trust also in Him, and He shall bring it to pass.”
“Blessed are the pure in heart, For they shall see God.”