Then Jesus said, “Come to me, all of you who are weary and carry heavy burdens, and I will give you rest.”Matthew 11:28
If you struggle getting adequate rest, consider these 8 key strategies.
1. Pray. Giving all your cares to your Heavenly Father.
2. Stay away from caffeine, alcohol, nicotine or stimulants that interfere with sleep.
3. Turn your bedroom into a sleep-friendly place: quiet, dark, cool, and a bed that is equipped with a comfortable mattress and pillows.
4. Establish a soothing pre-sleep routine that includes bath, soft music, diming all lights and reading God’s Word.
5. During the day, expose yourself to natural light in the morning and during the day; this maintains your internal clock on a healthy sleep-wake cycle.
6.Go to bed and wake up at the same time each day which sets your internal clock assuring a higher quality of sleep.
7. Eat healthy with No food after 7:00pm and balance fluid intake eliminating your need for a bathroom trip or feeling thirsty during sleep hours keeping in mind it takes 90 minutes for the body to process liquids.
8. Exercise daily keeping your workout at least 3 hours before bedtime.